The very moment before you goe in a Roman Bus, you need a bus ticket.
And I really mean it. That's because you can't rely on the onborad machine selling tickets.
From my last 2 experiences:
exp 1: on bus number 716, I get on without ticket, confident to buy it on board. I did get one. Still I inserted a 2 euro coin, just a second before reading on the box itself :"questa macchina non da resto". (trad: "this machine doesn't give back change").
Result: 2 euro paid for 1,5 value.
when at the B&B Savoia, you can reach the Sapienza university in minutes:
- From (A) to (B): 5 minutes on foot
- From (B) to (C): 5 minutes by tram n. 3 or n. 19
From Galleria Borghese to Historical Center by bus
- go to stop PINCIANA/ALLEGRI
- take Line No 52 (S. SILVESTRO) to 7 stops 52 ogni 12 min.
- get off at stop TRITONE/FONTANA TREVI
- Walk right for 600 till Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps)
Il collegamento Roma-Siena è uno dei più semplici e comodi di tutta la rete di trasporti che partono dalla capitale.
Ho fatto avanti e indietro per due anni a causa dell’università e mi sono sempre trovata benissimo.
Bus Da Roma Tiburtina a Siena
[a software traslated this text... sorry for mistakes. Original italian text here
The connection from Rome to Siena is one of the most simple and comfortable throughout the transport network departing from the capital.
I did back and forth for two years because of the University and I have always found it very well.
Train would required a change at Chiusi and then take a bus to reach the center of Siena - the bus is to be comfortable and always punctual.
One day trip: Rome to Siena (by bus)
From B&B Savoia to Vatican by Bus number 490.
Go to Piazza Fiume, by the BNL [Banca nazionale del Lavoro].
At the bus stop you'll get the bus 490.
12 bus stop and 15 minutes you'll arrive a few meters away from the Vatican museum entrance.
From BBSavoia to Vatican Bus #490@Piazza Fiume
41° 54' 39.7008" N, 12° 29' 53.7468" E
There's a bus every 5 minutes or so, which will get you in the hearth of the Histotical Center of Rome in 5 minutes.
As usual, get standard tickets in advance at tobaco shop or news paper stands, or get a Roma Pass.
Most of time, just get a 75 minutes (1,5 Euro ticket) per way and you'll be allright.
Bus 80. Cheap, Easy and effective
by the Mignon cinema
41° 54' 42.0732" N, 12° 29' 53.5704" E
- Go to the bus stop "SICILIA/FIUME"
- Take the bus No 63 (direction P.ZA MONTE SAVELLO (H)) for 10 stops (there's a bus every 15 min.)
- Leave the bus at "VIA TORRE ARGENTINA"
- Go to the bus stop "ARGENTINA"
- Take the tram No 8 (direction CASALETTO for 2 stops (there's a tram every 6 min.)
- Leave the tram at "BELLI"
distance parcourue (mÃ¨tres) 4200 mÃ¨tres
You've arrived at Trastevere.
These bus service will work till midnight.
From midnight to 5.30 am you can come back to the B&B Savoia by the 60 (N)ight bus